Campbell Dental Care provides BOTOX® and JUVÉDERM® treatments to help improve your appearance as well as your overall health. While these treatments are traditionally cosmetic in nature, Dr. Catalina Phan also uses BOTOX to treat TMJ disorders, headaches, and migraines. We invite you to contact us at 408-364-1122 for more information about BOTOX and JUVÉDERM in Campbell, California, and to schedule your appointment with our talented dentist.
BOTOX is an FDA-approved medicine that is injected into muscles to block the reception of nerve impulses and relax the muscles that create facial wrinkles. It can also target jaw muscles to reduce bruxism (teeth grinding) and teeth clenching, alleviate headaches, migraine pain, and TMJ disorders. BOTOX does not require incisions, stitches, or surgery, making a very popular non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic solution for facial wrinkles and muscular concerns. The active molecule in BOTOX is a highly refined purified protein. There are absolutely no bacteria in Botox.
Dr. Catalina Phan administers BOTOX by the units, meaning that you only receive and pay for what you need depending on your age and the depth of your wrinkles. Benefits of BOTOX include:
- A quick treatment. BOTOX treatments usually only take about 15 minutes.
- No pain! We use ice in the targeted areas prior to injection to ensure your comfort.
- You will notice the full effect of your BOTOX treatment within 5-10 days.
- BOTOX can last between 3-6 months, depending on the targeted facial muscles.
Areas of your facial muscles commonly treated with BOTOX include:
- Glabella/frown lines (between the eyebrows)
- Droopy lateral brow
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet (outer eye areas)
- Radial lip lines (smokers or water bottle lines)
- Jaw muscles – which reduces migraine and headache pain by targeting the muscles that are affected by bruxism and teeth clenching
How are BOTOX and JUVÉDERM Different?
BOTOX and JUVÉDERM target different areas of your face and enhance your skin in entirely different ways. While BOTOX halts muscles from contracting, JUVÉDERM is a smooth filler that plumps the skin and rounds out the area around your mouth, replacing natural substances that diminish in facial skin as you age. JUVÉDERM is a gel that is injected directly into the areas around your mouth nose, erasing smile lines and facial folds.
The JUVÉDERM procedure takes about 30 minutes. Our dentist will numb you entirely so that you are comfortable throughout your treatment. Following treatment, you will see immediate results, experience only minimal recovery time, and enjoy smoother skin for up to a year. JUVÉDERM may be used to:
- Smooth out smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Lift downturned oral commissures (downward lines on the side of the lip that make you look sad)
- Plump the upper and lower lips after they have been thinned by age
- Marionette lines
It is safe to use BOTOX and JUVÉDERM simultaneously, as the two treatments do not interact with one another. When you visit our practice, Dr. Catalina Phan will be happy to discuss either treatment or a combination of both with you. We want you to feel comfortable with your treatment and will happily discuss every aspect of the process prior to administrating it.
For more information about BOTOX and JUVÉDERM, and to schedule your consultation with our dentist, contact our practice today.